Hiking Gear: Know Everything About Them
Hiking gear refers to accessories carried on outdoor walking trips. It is separated on the basis of the trek. Trecks are usually a one day trek or a multiple days trek. The hiking gear is selected on the basis of the period, activities planned, and the climate. Other elements consist of weight and awareness of unexpected events. The feature of the hike depends upon both the natural environment and applicable government regulation. Hikers have to plan accordingly when selecting the hiking gear.
It includes is selected keeping the essential idea for survival i.e. the shed, food, water, and fire in mind. Cody Lundin mentions about Rule of 3s: that means 180 seconds with no ventilation, 180 minutes with no canopy over the head, 72 hours with no aqua and three weeks with no having food. Climbers can carry gears ranging from heavy knife to very light backpacking.
What To Consider Before Choosing A Hiking Gear
- Period and distance of the trip
- Best mass and capability
- Unique medical concern
- Weather conditions- heat range, sun, rain, and snow, etc.
- shelter and outfit
- water plan
- staying for night
Hiking Gear: Deciding The Size Of The Bag
- How the pack will be taken on the body
- Size of the bag
- Composition durability- material used, design, and quality.
Carrying Method That Is Frequently Used
- Wrist Band and belt loop
- One-shoulder pack- sling bag
Basic Hiking Gears
The most common climber gear is a stout knife, a pot, cordage, ways to make fire and accessories to carry water and other equipment.
- Scarf- hat, face scarf, shawl and sarong
- Cutting knife- snow knife and multi-tool
- Container- plastic Ziploc freezer bags can be used I purifying water and transporting water.
- Cordage-medical tape, sewing threads. Cordage can bind and repair damage
- Fire – fire needs oxygen, explosion and fuel and the facility to light. Sources of burning fire include carbon steel, fire steel, and sharp edge. Fuel refers to wood, coal, and cut off the rubber.
- Light- Spare batteries, flashlight, and bulbs
- Medical kits- Medicines, first aid kits, medicinal herbs, etc. Read about the natural food poisonous plants and techniques to avoid forest bite
- Protection from Sun- full sleeves shirt and track pants and gloves
- Sun protection lotion
- Information – Gather sufficient and necessary information about the climate and events that might be important to hikers. The hiker must carry maps with him.
- Water kit- it should be drinking water. It’s advisable not to carry all the water they need because it will add extra weight.
Hiking is a fun and adventurous sport. The equipment is essential for every hiker. Hiking essentials are the same for many hiking trails. Hiking gears are necessary for security on the path. Essential hiking gears are a map, sunglasses, and spare warm clothing. Duration of trip and weather conditions should be kept in mind before buying hiking gears. With proper gears and equipment, hiking can be enjoyable and adventurous. It can be an excellent outing for the whole family.