Festivals are great and all but, if you’re new to the experience, it’s essential that you have a good festival camping checklist to help you through. Whether you’re going camping for a one-off party with a few family and friends or you’re making your way up North East for a series of festival events, you’ll need some basic supplies. Here’s a list of just some of the basics that you should look for.
* Campground’s Information Centre – This is where all the important information about what you’ll need and what’s required is listed. It will also be able to direct you towards the right stores and vendors. Most campsites will also be happy to advise you on which items are compulsory and what you can and cannot bring into your campsite. Some will even provide you with a list of camping gear to ensure that you get the most out of your trip.
* Festival Clothing – For those who will be in the thick of things, festival clothing can get pretty dirty. If you plan to use a tent, make sure that your festival clothing is waterproof and easily cleaned.
Know About Camping Tents
* Tents – Not just for camping anymore, tents can come in handy for other festivals, such as concerts and weddings. Make sure that you get a waterproof tent and an all-weather tent. For those who want to do a little bit of camping at home, you could even rent a lightweight tent so that you can travel light and still have the flexibility of having a large tent for larger parties.
* Camping Food – Although there is no need to get ready in advance, it is advisable to stock up on food for when you leave home. You should stock up on healthy snacks and light meals so that you don’t feel completely out of food when you reach your campsite. There are many different types of camping food available and if you are unsure about what to buy, ask someone who has done camping before.
* Tents, Umbrellas and Sleeping Bags – You’ll need to pack a few items for your campsite and these include sleeping bags, tents pads, and raincovers. It’s recommended that you buy your sleeping bag as soon as you can, so you can pick up an affordable tent that’s right for you.
Know About Camping Gear
* Camping Gear – One thing that you won’t want to leave out is camping equipment. There are a wide variety of tents available that will allow you to sleep in the open air, so that you don’t have to worry about wetting the ground and making the rest of your party uncomfortable.
It is also essential that you bring plenty of water and other food supplies with you when you go festival camping. The more food and water you carry with you, the better chance you have of making it through to the end of the event.
Don’t forget to pack a camper’s caravan. Caravans allow campers to camp where they want to, and it means that they don’t have to pay for a tent. You can get one for a couple of days, or for several weeks.
You Can Choose To Camp In The Middle Of Nowhere
You can choose to camp in the middle of nowhere for your festival camping experience. This can be an amazing way to enjoy the natural beauty of the surrounding area.
Camping in the middle of nowhere requires plenty of supplies and you can even have a small fire on a chilly evening. It’s also great to be out in the open and to have fresh air in front of you. Although it might seem impossible, it’s possible to camp in the middle of nowhere by bringing in a portable barbecue grill and a portable stove to cook on the open air.
Festival camping is very easy and convenient and will make you feel much more like an important part of the event. Don’t underestimate the amount of fun you can have, especially if you are prepared. With a little planning and preparation, you can really enjoy yourself and get the most out of your camping experience.