The Hiking Gear For Your Perusal
Hiking gear refers to equipment carried on outdoor walking trips. The gears selected depend on the period of hiking, activities planned, and the climate. Other elements consist of weight and awareness of unexpected events. The feature of the hike depends upon both the natural environment and applicable government regulation. Hikers have to plan accordingly when choosing hiking gears.
Basic Hiking Gear
- Scarf– hat, face scarf, shawl and sarong
- Cutting Knife– snow knife and multi-tool both are useful.
- Container– plastic ziplock freezer bags can be useful for purifying water and transporting water. Dry bags are useful for boiling water
- Cordage-medical tapes, sewing threads. Cordage can bind and repair the damage.
- Information – Gather sufficient and necessary information about the climate and events that might be important to hikers. The hiker must carry maps with him.
- Fire Supply- fire needs oxygen, explosion and fuel and the facility to light. Fuel refers to wood, coal, and cut off the rubber.
- Light– torch, headlamp, and extra batteries and bulb
Some Other Hiking Gears
- Medical Kits– Medicines, first aid kits, medicinal herbs, etc. Read about the natural food poisonous plants and techniques to avoid forest bite
- Protection from Sun– full sleeves shirt and track pants and gloves. Keep a sunblock cream and lotion. Carry your sunglasses.
- Map – hikers should keep a map to know the place and its surroundings in a better way.
- Water Kit- It’s advisable not to carry extra water, it will add excess weight. It is better to choose a hiking destination where water bodies exist.
Different Hiking Trips Require Different Hiking Gears
1. Day Hiking
For beginners, day hiking proves to be the best. One can select a beautiful place. Not too far from home. One should choose an area which he\she knows well.
- Before beginning hiking, study the map of that area.
- Look for proper landmarks along the hiking trail.
- Spot water sources.
If you do not find any marked landmarks on your way to the hike. Then you have taken the wrong way.
2. Overnight Hiking Trips\ Weekend Backpacks
One should plan overnight trips or weekend trips properly.
- Backpack trip requires planning the trail time, home for staying at night. It is essential to prepare for a reliable home.
- Overnight hiking requires day hiking skills and lightweight camping.
- Look for a teardown procedure of tents. If alone go for MRS hubba tents and if with a travel buddy the go for MRS hubba hubba tents.
- The sleeping bag is a must in overnight hiking.
- It should be light weighted and should be spacious for sure.
- Carry extra food and water with yourself.
- Always calculate the time you would reach the desired destination.
- The critical point is that the backpack should be spacious but light weighted.
Hiking can be enjoyable and adventurous. The backpack should have all the essential equipment and gears needed for hiking. Most important of all is water and food. Hiking is an excellent exercise and provides many health benefits. Whenever one is going for hiking, remember to plan a hiking trip skillfully and adequately. Hiking is full of new experiences for everyone.